An overly-handsome waiter, a snoring girlfriend and the sea being too blue are among some of the bizarre complaints made to hotel staff, according to a survey published Monday.
Travel search engine Skyscanner quizzed 400 international hotel workers to draw up a list of the top ten unusual grumbles and diva-like demands.
Other complaints included sheets being too white, ice cream being too cold, the bath being too big and no steak on a vegetarian menu.
One customer asked for a discount after his sleep was disturbed by his snoring girlfriend, while another asked for a refund as his dog had had an unhappy stay.
Staff in a hotel in London’s Mayfair were taken aback when a client bemoaned the lack of an ocean view.
Equally eyebrow raising are some of the requests, including one for a dead mouse.
One guest asked for a bowl of crocodile soup, another for a bath of honey while one hungry punter demanded 15 cucumbers a day.
Most unusual complaints revealed by hotel staff:
1) The sheets are too white
2) The sea was too blue
3) Ice cream too cold
4) Bath was too big
5) Girlfriend’s snoring kept guest awake
6) Guest’s dog didn’t enjoy his stay
7) Hotel had no ocean view (in Mayfair, London)
8) There was no steak on vegetarian menu
9) Waiter was too handsome
10) Mother of groom wasn’t given the honeymoon suite
Most unusual hotel requests revealed by hotel staff:
1) One glass of water on the hour every hour, throughout the night
2) 15 cucumbers a day
3) Toilet to be filled with mineral water
4) Bath of honey
5) Sound of goat bells to aid sleep
6) Only the right legs of a chicken
7) A dead mouse
8) Bath of chocolate milk
9) 16 pillows (for single guest)
10) Crocodile soup
Hamish. Click the picture associated, Steve Martin gets a lesson.